With the Item update you can update some Item fields, Item Custom Fields, and some Quality fields.
- DEFAULT COLUMNS IN THE EXCEL SHEET
- MANDATORY COLUMNS FOR DATA
- FIELDS THAT CAN BE UPDATED
- HOW TO UPDATE CUSTOM FIELDS
- HOW TO UPDATE QUALITY FIELDS ON THE ITEM
See how to Import and where to select the type of Import: HERE
DEFAULT COLUMNS IN THE EXCEL SHEET
The following columns are the default ones - with a description of where to find the data.
|Headers in Excel||Explanation||Example of data|
|BRAND: ||The Item Brand name in the Item Header|
|CONTACT PERSON: ||The Designer company contact person’s email address. This can be found in Admin->Company Info ||e.g: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ITEM NAME: ||Item Name in the Item Header|
|ITEM NO: ||Item No in the Item Header|
|DESCRIPTION: ||Description in the Item Header|
|STATUS:||Status in the Item Header |
|SUPPLIER ID:||Supplier ID can be found in Admin->Supplier under the respective Supplier company|
|SUPPLIER NAME: ||Supplier company name in the Item Header|
|CATEGORIES:||Categories in the Item Header|
|UNIT:||Unit in the Item Header|
|DEFAULT QTY:||Default qty. in the Item Header|
|QUALITY DESCRIPTION:||On Item-> Details - please see visual explanation below|
|ADDITIONAL QUALITY INFO:||On Item-> Details - please see visual explanation below|
|WEIGHT:||On Item-> Details - please see visual explanation below|
|WEIGHT UNIT:||On Item-> Details - please see visual explanation below|
|EXTRA TEXT: ||Is only used if your company uses the Item name/number generator |
Which field is which on the Item Quality:
MANDATORY COLUMNS FOR DATA
The following columns are mandatory to provide data in - otherwise, the import will not work:
- Item Name
- Item No
- Supplier ID - if it is on your item it's mandatory
- Supplier name - if it is on your item it's mandatory
FIELDS THAT CAN BE UPDATED
With the update you can update the following fields:
- Contact Person
- Item name - but only if your company is using the generator module
- Supplier Contact Person
- Default Qty
- Quality Description
- Additional Quality Info
- Weight unit
- Extra text - but only if the generator module is active
- Custom Fields
HOW TO UPDATE CUSTOM FIELDS
You can update any kind of Custom Field via the Update functionality.
The syntax for updating Custom Fields depends on what kind of Custom Field you want to update and what kind of data you have available.
For most Custom Fields you need to use the syntax CF:ID.
From the illustration above your syntax would be "CF:1588" in the header.
In the column, you will then enter the values you want for that Custom Field - say "Santa Claus" since it is a Text field.
For Allowed Value Custom Fields (and Hierarchy Custom Fields) you can use two types of syntax.
The one just explained and one of type CFID:ID - let us look at two examples.
- For the CF:ID your Column header would be "CF:1577: and the value in the column would be "Kg"
- If instead you only have the Allowed ID to work with your syntax would be "CFID:1577" in the header and in the column, you will then enter the ID - in this case, "2"
Any Custom Field must be added on the right side of Extra text
We advise that you do not use " " (space) in any of the IDs because it might cause problems if you have to integrate with your ERP system.
Format for your Custom Fields of type "Date"
The date you enter in your Excel sheet will have to keep a specific format - so that it matches the date format in Delogue PLM.
Your dates will have to be like: dd-mmm-yyyy (e.g. 01-jan-2022)
HOW TO UPDATE QUALITY FIELDS ON THE ITEM
You can also update values on the Quality card under Item Details.
- Quality Description - this can be any text you need
- Additional Quality Info- this can be any text you need
- Weight - make sure only to use numbers - otherwise, the update will fail
- Weight unit - make sure to only use Units that are defined in Admin