CREATING A MEASUREMENT CHART IN DELOGUE PLM
This article will cover the following topics to get you started with the Measurement Chart sub-tab:
- SELECTING A SIZE RANGE AND GRADING SIZE
- ADD MEASUREMENTS
- IMPORT YOUR MEASUREMENT CHART
- LET YOUR SUPPLIER EDIT A MEASUREMENT CHART
- ADD MEASUREMENT COMMENTS AND ADD FILES ON "HOW TO MEASURE"
SELECTING A SIZE RANGE AND GRADING SIZE
In the Styles section, under the Measurement chart sub-tab:
1) Mouse over the options 'Size', 'Units' and ' Grading size' and click the edit icon - or double-click on the area
2) Use the drop-down menus to select the size range, unit, and grading size (also called sampling size in some companies).
Once you are done, click the small green icon to save.
If you edit the size range at a later stage, gradings will be deleted and sample requests will be set as canceled.
Be aware that if the Size Range you are selecting has Advanced Grading active - then you are not able to set the Grading Size on style level.
You will now notice that there is a tiny padlock icon to indicate that this Size Range is indeed one that is using Advanced Grading
To add a new measurement:
1) Click the 'Add new line' button
2) In the new row, type in: description (if you have a 'How To Measure' guide, refer to the same description), measurement of selected grading size, and your tolerance - if needed.
Also, add the grading - remember to write minus ( - ) before the sizes.
3) Once you are done, click the small green icon to save and the system will calculate your measurement chart. The calculation will appear on the right part of the screen.
USING THE QUICK GRADING OPTION
If you always use the same grading jump between sizes you can work faster by using the "Quick Grade" option.
This option will work together with Advanced grading.
When you enter a value in a "Grade" field it will add this grading to all possible sizes. With the correct "+" and "-".
You can enter positive numbers in this "Grade" field.
You can edit the single gradings per size - in case you just need to change one.
If you do that - then the "Grading" value will be cleared - because now it is no longer for all sizes.
USE PREDEFINED MEASUREMENT DESCRIPTIONS
If your company is using Predefined descriptions you can select from those when you are creating a new measurement row.
In the Description field, you will see a drop-down where you can select the Description you need.
In case your Company Admin has made restrictions - you will not be able to edit or alter the Descriptions.
If there are no restrictions - you can edit the Description.
To edit your measurements, simply double-click on it. The text value will be automatically selected and the respective row will open in the edit mode. Make your changes and click the small green icon to save.
COPY A LINE
Save time and copy lines including the description and grading, and make the adjustments needed. Simply mouse over one of the chart rows and click the purple copy icon. The copied line will then appear at the bottom of your measurement chart.
DRAG AND DROP TO REORDER YOUR MEASUREMENT CHART
IMPORT YOUR MEASUREMENT CHART
2) Select the style you want.
3) Select if you want to "ADD" or "REPLACE" the measurement chart to your existing chart.
4) Then you click "Import"
* If imported from a style with different Size Range - only Label & Tags (if they are there) will be imported - the values will be empty * If imported from a style with the same Size Range but different Grading size - Label is imported and values will be added and recalculate so they fit to the grading size * If imported from a style with the same Size Range and same Grading size - Label and values are imported
ONLY IMPORT SOME ROWS
Instead of importing an entire Measurement chart - maybe you only need a few rows.
Click on the Import button.
You can set checkmarks in the rows that you need.
When you only select some rows - you can only "ADD" them to your Measurement chart.
LET YOUR SUPPLIER EDIT A MEASUREMENT CHART
When unlocked, your supplier(s) can edit the measurement chart.
When locked, your supplier(s) cannot edit the measurement chart.
NOTE: The old measurement chart will be overwritten by the imported one and this cannot be undone. Active sample requests will set as canceled when importing a measurement chart but you can easily reactivate them.
ADD MEASUREMENT COMMENTS AND ADD FILES ON "HOW TO MEASURE"
You add comments to your measurement chart - just click on the tiny pen and type in your comment.
Remember to save your comment - click on the save button.
You can also upload fields in "How to Measure" in case you have a guide on how you want your Supplier to measure.
You can upload images, PDFs or text documents.
The functionality is the same as you know from Style Fields.