UPLOAD AND LINK STYLE FILES
In the Style Files tab, you will be able to upload or link all related files to a style. (Please notice that this is NOT a synchronization function)
You will also find Communication files here, both internal and external files.
We will walk you through the following topics:
- The Style files sub-tab
- How to create a folder
- How to upload files to a folders
- How to view your files
- How to download a file
- How to use Linked Files
- Inactive vs. Delete
- Reorder style files inside a folder
1) Styles files
It contains all your style files which your suppliers will also have access to.
2) Communication files
It contains files that have been attached to any kind of communication. You can choose to upload extra files and all the content is visible to your suppliers.
NOTE: There will be no files from sample request communication.
3) Internal files
Here. you will see all the files you have attached to any Internal communication. You can also choose to upload and keep other important internal files here.
NOTE: Your suppliers cannot see these files.
If you are using Default Folders these will be placed after Style files. Read here how to set it up.
Once these are created on your style they are so to speak independent of your set up in Admin.
This means that you can delete any folders that you do not need on a specific Style.
The great thing about style files folders is that you can create new folders and easily organize the content in a way that fits your company the best. All newly created folders are visible for all your colleges and suppliers.
To add a new folder:
2) In the pop-up window, type in the name of the new folder and click ok to save.
NOTE: New folders will be shown below the pre-defined folders.
You can always change the name of your style files folders, but it is not possible to delete or rename the Internal Files and Communication files folders.
To edit a style files folder, mouse over the folder name and click the blue edit icon - or double-click on the folder name. When in edit mode, type in the new name and click the green small icon to save your changes.
You can also change if the folder is visible for Suppliers or not.
The same process applies when you need to delete a folder.
First, empty the folder and then mouse over on the folder name to display the delete button. Click on it and the system will ask you to verify this action.
After creating a folder, it is time to upload files:
1) Choose the folder you want to upload files into and click the 'Upload file button'.
In this case, we will upload a file to the 'Style Files' folder.
3) Select a file from your computer and type in its name in the pop-up window. You can also add a note to your file (optional) under the field 'File Note'. Once you are done, click the small green button to upload the file.
WHAT FILE TYPES CAN I UPLOAD IN DELOGUE PLM?
You can upload all file formats but only images (png, jpg) and PDF documents will generate a preview and appear when printing or exporting to Excel.
NOTE: Only the preview of the first page of the PDF will be shown. Download the entire PDF for a full overview of all pages.
1) Click on the file/image to open the file - or click on the file name
Any image or .pdf will be opened in a new window or tab depending on your browser settings.
NOTE: Word documents, Excel or Illustrator files can not be previewed or opened in the browser - you will have to download them directly.
2) The other way, it's through the style file pop-up window.
ALSO NOTE: This is not a synchronization feature!
1) Click the 'Link file' button (next to the 'Upload file' button) and a pop-up window will appear
2) You can now start to build your folder structure and even have folders placed inside folders - continue reading for more info.
1) Choose a folder and click on 'Link File' button
NOTE: It is not possible to use the Link feature in the Communication files folder.
2) In the pop-up window, select the file(s) you want to link to your Style by check-marking them - you can link up to 10 files in one go. In this case, we will be linking one file, the 'dress.png', under the test folder.
3) Click the 'Link' button to link the file. You will now see a link icon displayed on the file thumbnail.
When you don't need a certain linked file on a style or you simply want to remove it:
1) Just mouse hoover over the thumbnail card with the file and click on the tiny "Delete" icon
2) Confirm on the pop-up that you want to delete it.
NOTE: it is only removed from the style - it is still in your linked files and can still be used on other styles.
You can always delete a file in the 'Link files' pop-up window. Simply select the file in question by check-marking it and click the 'Delete File' button to confirm you want to delete the file.
NOTE: If you delete a file, it will affect all the styles linked to this file. On these styles, you will now see "Style Visual missing" displayed.
So please be careful when you delete Linked files.
If you want to delete a folder instead, click the 'Delete Folder' button. The folder just has to be empty before you can delete it.
All inactive files will get a beige background and a banner with the text "Inactive", so it will be easier to recognize active and inactive files.
Remember that you can hide all inactive files by clicking on the button "Hide Inactive"
To delete a file, simply make a mouse over the file in question and click on the delete icon. You can also do it through the file pop-up window.
NOTE: When deleting a file, it will be permanently deleted. But, if you delete a Linked File, you will only remove the link. The file will still be in your linked folder and available to be used for all other styles.
It is also possible to reorder Style files within the same folder – just like you can in Item Artwork.
Click the drag and drop icon at the bottom left corner of the thumbnail and drag the file to the position you want. The new order of the files will be seen in print and excel export too.