BEFORE USING BARCODES
Remember to read the article Barcodes - Admin Setup before you start using this module.
A new subtab named ‘Barcodes’ is now available in the Style section for users with role 'SKU-Barcodes User'.
You will find the button ‘Assign Barcodes’ which will assign barcodes (from the list uploaded in Admin) to active SKUs. In the case of more active SKUs than barcodes, the following message is displayed: "There are not enough free barcodes to your SKUs - some SKUs has not been linked to barcodes!"
All SKUs and their assigned Barcodes will be displayed in a table so you can have an overview of their status. The table contains the following information:
- SKU - will show the generated SKU in the correct format with delimiter
- Status - if SKU is active or inactive
- Date created - when SKU was generated
- Date modified - the last date the SKU was modified
- Barcodes - it will show the assigned barcodes
When clicking the sub-tab ‘Barcodes’, SKUs are automatically updated and created according to the setup in the Admin section. There can be some exceptions if, for example, your styles don’t have colors or sizes. This will influence the SKUs generation.
Let’s see how:
- If the SKU format uses ‘Color’ but the style has no colors, no SKUs will be generated and you will be warned with the message: "Style does not have any colors - no SKUs has been generated!" The same will happen if SKU format uses ‘Size’ but the style doesn’t have any sizes or colors, and no SKUs will be generated.
- If SKU format uses ‘Color’ but certain colors don’t have ID1, the SKU won’t be generated for that specific color. It will only be generated if that color gets an ID1.
- If SKU format uses ‘Style Number’ but the style doesn’t have a style number, no SKUs will be generated.
It is possible to edit already assigned Barcodes or just assign a Barcode to a SKU
On mouse hover of any row in the SKU/Barcode table a Edit icon will appear
Once a row is in Edit mode it is possible to add a Barcode or change it - even delete it.
The system will check that no Barcode you are adding or editing has already been used on some other SKU
GOOD TO KNOW:
1) When refreshing ‘Barcodes’ sub-tab, SKUs can change their status if:
- Style is canceled
- Color ID1 is changed
- Style color is deleted
- Style color is deactivated
- Size is deactivated
- Size range is changed
- Measurement chart is imported
- Imports style Items
- Changes in the Style Number will change the SKUs status - a new one will be generated and the old one will be made inactive.
2) Once an SKU has been generated and exported, that specific SKU will never be exported for that style again.
3) Same size names in different size ranges will not affect the SKUs.
4) If you add new colors or sizes later on, they will be listed in the table and SKUs will be generated. In case of inactive colors and sizes, they will appear with a strikethrough and SKUs will become inactive.
5) When a style number is removed and it was used in the SKU format, the existing SKU will be "Inactive" and the system will show this message: "Style does not have any style number - no SKUs has been generated!"
6) It is not possible to set a style ready for export when no SKU format has been defined.
7) When a style is set as ‘Canceled’, the style SKUs are automatically set as inactive - no need to go to the Barcode sub tab to update this info.
8) A style is ready for export when the SKU is generated and barcodes are assigned. If changes occur in size/color/style number or format after that, the new SKU will not be created until you visit the ‘Barcodes’ sub-tab.
Continue reading about the Barcodes module: